Microsoft SQL Server 2008, Worth the Wait
My Favorite Features in the New Release
Learning about the most significant features in a new release of SQL Server can be daunting work because there are so many new features to examine. This session will detail a variety of the most significant new features from the perspective of a DBA. During the course of this session we will discuss improvements and new features in:
- SQL improvements
- Developer-centric improvements of LINQ and table-valued parameters.
- Reporting Services improvements
- Compression features
- The new spatial, filestream, hierarchyID and data/time data types.
- Security improvements of transparent data encryption and extensible key management.
- Resource governor.
- Audit and change tracking abilities of audit objects and DDL triggers.
- Analysis Services improvements including block computations and writeback
- Multi-server management capabilities of Policy-base Management and streamlined installation.
Download it! Download the zipped slide deck here (uncompresses in MS-Power Point 2007 format).
Rate it! Rate my session and offer feedback here.
Read it! Download the white paper detailing everything in the slide deck, and more, here.
Watch it! Watch the webcast presentation here. (Note – the video is a bit older than the downloadable slides.)
Watch more! Watch a related panel discussion with other SQL Server MVPs and experts here.