Hitting the Career IT Ceiling
There comes a point in the career of most IT Professionals that advancement means taking on at least some degree of leadership in their organization. The only problem is that most IT pros built their career and earned all of their accolades on a set of technology skills that aren’t transferrable into leading people and managing resources.
What IT Pros Need to Be Effective Leaders
Most IT leaders earned their promotions on the basis of their technical competency, not their leadership skills. Technical leaders rarely step into leadership in possession of the complex mix of skills that engenders their success and the success of their teams. And while the results of this career transition aren’t always a disaster, we’re often left feeling that we could be doing a much better job.
This full day training seminar imparts years of hard won wisdom and the industry’s best research about how to successfully manage and lead a team of IT professionals, from all areas of information technology. Successful IT leaders require a combination of:
- Cultivating the respect and trust of your team;
- Behavioral knowledge to understand technology professionals; and
- A variety of specific skills to competently lead IT professionals in the broad categories of:
- facilitating change
- promoting communication
- growing a culture of effectiveness
- leading teams
Develop Critical IT Leadership Skills in a Class Written by IT Leaders for IT Leaders
I have to be honest, my custom-written training coursework won’t train IT pros in every aspect of every leadership category. (Heck, an MBA takes at least two years of intense study and even that doesn’t guarantee a strong leader). However, my coursework will equip you with a strong foundation to confidently take on your leadership duties, handle the most common leadership issues, and avoid the most frequent and costly leadership mistakes. This coursework will enable you to further develop your leadership potential and achieve excellent results, both for yourself and for your team.
By taking this course, you will:
- Learn about motivating IT professionals and how to cultivate an atmosphere for effectiveness.
- Develop skills to envision, plan, and execute your goals at an interpersonal and organization level.
- Review more than a dozen specific scenarios that frequently foil the new leader of IT teams and the best way to handle them, such as:
- Exposing and correcting performance problems
- Managing remote employees
- Gaining support of the organizational executives
- Conducting impactful meetings
- Facilitating effective and productive teamwork
This class is also available for private audiences in half-day, one-day, and three-day formats.
You may also purchase a two-DVD video training set. (Available in early May 2012).
Send me an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) for inquiries relating to private training or for the DVD set. Please include “IT Leadership Training” in the subject line.