Title: SQL Server 2008, Worth the Wait
Abstract: Learning about the most significant features in a new release of SQL Server can be daunting work because there are so many new features to examine. This session will detail a variety of the most significant new features from the perspective of a DBA. During the course of this session we will discuss improvements and new features in:
- SQL improvements
- Developer-centric improvements of LINQ and table-valued parameters.
- Reporting Services improvements
- Compression features
- The new spatial, filestream, hierarchyID and data/time data types.
- Security improvements of transparent data encryption and extensible key management.
- Resource governor.
- Audit and change tracking abilities of audit objects and DDL triggers.
- Analysis Services improvements including block computations and writeback
- Multi-server management capabilities of Policy-base Management and streamlined installation.
Prerequisites: Beginning database administration and development skills on SQL Server 2000 or 2005
Rate it! Rate my session and offer feedback here.